The War of Art
What is a war of art…
if not a fight against yourself
Steven Pressfield and his Bestseller „the war of art“ (2002) is spinning his argumenation around the elastic term „resistance“. In three parts he trys to explain how you can be free from yourself. In this condition you are all set for making art. Not really a new insight. But the way he gives the tools in your headhand is funny and special. So its highly recommended for those, who aren´t got the nervs to read philosophical stuff in its original.
The enemy is a really good teacher
Here´s a lil extract:
„Resistance greatest hits:
The following is a list, in no particular order, of those activities that most commonly elicit Restistance:
1) The pursuit of any calling in writing, painting, music, film, dance, or any creative art, however marginal or unconventional
2) The launching of any entrepreneurial venture or entrprise, for profit or otherwise.
3) Any diet or health regimen
4) Any program of spiritual advancement.
5) Any activity whose aim is tighter abdominals.
6) Any course or program designed to overcome an unwholesome habit or addiction.
7) Education of every kind